Sunday, November 23, 2008

Baby Lily

Some dear friends of ours had a baby on Thursday night. Little Lily Christine was born… and then she died. And I sit here at my computer, trying to think of a way to make sense of this terrible, terrible loss. I can’t wrap my head around the kind of pain her parents are suffering right now, and I can’t think of any way at all to make it better.

I know my friend’s arms are aching and empty right now. She’s far away, in Texas, so I can’t even give her a hug. But I can ask you all to say a prayer for her, for her husband, for their sons, and, of course, for baby Lily: that she is safe and warm somewhere right now, and that she knows how much her parents loved her.

5 comments:

GutsyWriter said... [Reply]

I am so, so sorry to hear that. I can't even imagine what her parents are going through. The only case I've heard of this happening is a genetic problem called, Trisomy-18.
I send my prayers.

Simple Answer said... [Reply]

I will pray.

Lynda said... [Reply]

Such heartache... god bless

Connie said... [Reply]

I am so sorry to hear of your friends' loss, and of your pain and feelings of guilt for not being able to do anything to help your friend. My prayers are with your friend and her family.

Jacki said... [Reply]

I will definitely pray for her and her family.

Please. Write your own stuff.