Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Four Things

Simple Answer sent along a little four-part meme for me. She got it from American in Norway. Both are blogs I like to read, from women who are doing the overseas adventure thing. So here are my answers:

Four things I did today:

Filled out my absentee ballot – hey, I’m a Virginia resident, and we’re swinging blue this year. How cool is that?
Went to Chinese class for two hours. I’m getting better, but I’m still awful.
Took the girls to the playground.
Chopped up platters of veggies and fruit so my kids would have something to snack on while I grilled up some toasted cheese sandwiches for dinner.

Four Random Facts about me:

I first went on an airplane when I was 20 years old.
Since then, I’ve lived in Russia, Armenia, Kazakhstan and China.
I’m deaf in one ear.
I have a Masters Degree in Slavic Languages and Literatures.

Four things on my To Do list for today:

Going to the outdoor vegetable market with my friend Shawna. Maybe going out to lunch with her, too.
Writing a query letter to a U.S.-based magazine in the hopes that some day they’ll hire me to write something. For actual money.
Cooking tonight’s dinner – and tomorrow’s, too. I’m feeling organized.
Making copies of a zillion dental bills to send to my insurance company so they’ll maybe pay me back for some of them.

Four guilty pleasures:

Starbucks. I’m a mocha kind of a gal.
Watching the Daily Show. Love it. I’m watching it online now as I type this up.
Reading People Magazine whenever I find it somewhere and can steal it. (or when my sister sends it to me… ahem…. Hint, hint.)
Reading just about anything, really.

2 comments:

Simple Answer said... [Reply]

Slavic languages? Wow.

Oooo. People. I'm right there with you. I used to have it on my iGoogle page, but had to take it off when Brittney lost it. I mean every day? She couldn't keep it together for one day? Then, I learned Victoria Beckham has a new haircut. I didn't know. Because I wasn't getting my daily People. I have too much time on my hands....

Slice of Pink said... [Reply]

Yay for Virginia swinging blue!

Please. Write your own stuff.