Thursday, September 18, 2008

There Oughta Be A Law

There oughta be a law that says moms don't get sick until their kids are old enough to cook. Because, really, who has time to get sick?

Last Saturday was Aidan's big birthday party, but Kyra woke up with blood coming out of her ear. Off to the emergency clinic we went. She has an ear infection, but the blood can't be explained until the infection clears up enough to peer inside. (She went back to the Embassy doc on Wednesday, but they still couldn't see inside. So we wait.)

Aidan's party went off almost as planned. Someday I'll upload the pictures.

The next morning he woke up with croup. He was panicking and gasping for breath - not a good thing in a country without 911. I brought him into the bathroom and ran the hot water to ease his cough. While he and I were sitting on the floor, I realized I didn't feel too good, either. Thankfully his cough settled down enough to avoid a trip to the ER. But he's still coughing as of now, so I foresee another trip to the Embassy doc next week.

Meanwhile, I spent all of Sunday as horizontal as possible, with flu-like symptoms, much to my husband's chagrin. Husbands and kids don't really know what to do with us moms when we're sick. I'd give you the gory details, but, well, my husband does read this blog on occasion. Suffice to say they'd all starve without me.

But I'm still alive and feeling much better. I've got all sorts of stories, but no time to type 'em up. I'll do better next week, I promise.

And with that, I'm off to sleep, perhaps even for a few uninterrupted hours....

1 comments:

Jill said... [Reply]

I have that husband as well...

I hope you feel better soon!

Please. Write your own stuff.