Wednesday, September 10, 2008

He's Five!




That's right - my little guy turned 5 today. I brought cupcakes to school and the whole class sang Happy Birthday.

We'll have another little celebration on Saturday, when three of his friends are coming over for pizza and cake. I love that about him - he didn't really want a party, but is excited to have a few people over for pizza. That's plenty, it seems. Xiao Tong gave him a little remote control truck, and he was thrilled. He played with it all night. I told him he couldn't open our present til the weekend, because tonight daddy had to go to Back To School night. And he didn't fuss, he didn't whine. He just asked how many days til Saturday. I pray he always finds happiness in the little things. Also, I pray he stops ramming into my furniture with his remote control truck.

4 comments:

Simple Answer said... [Reply]

Hope he had tons of fun!

Connie said... [Reply]

Happy Birthday!! Little kid birthday parties can be fun, but they can also be so overwhelming. I am glad when my kids say they do not want a party - we make it happen when they do, but I like the quiet times too!

Gill - That British Woman said... [Reply]

that so cute.......I remember when my guys were only 5, now my first born will be heading for 25 next year.........they grow up so fast........

Gill in Canada

isabelle said... [Reply]

Happy birthday!!!

Please. Write your own stuff.