Wednesday, July 2, 2008

“The Water Pushed Me!”

Shay and Aidan are in swim camp this week. I practically had to rob a bank to make it happen, but hey, it could be worse – at least I’m not trying to fill up my gas tank in Northern Virginia.

Both boys are loving it (looks as though I’ll be robbing another bank to send them back again next week). Shay is learning all the different strokes – he started butterfly and “frog stroke,” as they call it, and he’s been working to improve his backstroke. He’s in his element, as he is one of the older kids and so is better than most of the others. Aidan has taken swim classes in the past, and has learned to kick across the pool with the aid of a kickboard. On Tuesday, he came home quite proud of himself, having swum all the way to the end of the pool and back with nothing but floaties on his arms. Today he was even more excited, because he swam across the pool with nothing on his arms, no help at all. I told him I was proud of him, and asked how he figured out how to do it. “I don’t know, mama,” he answered. “The water just pushed me!!!” (exclamation points his).

They come back each day after three hours of swim camp happy and tired, which is just how I like to see them.

Meanwhile, I’m keeping busy. I turned in two articles this week and revised a third. My Chinese class starts up again tomorrow. And we’re having a party on Saturday. We invited about 40 people, plus their kids/significant others. So far, over half have rsvp’ed yes, and only one has said no. So it looks as though we’ll have a crowd, and I’ll be busy over the next few days getting everything ready. Pray for no rain.

0 comments:

Please. Write your own stuff.