Sunday, July 20, 2008

Growing Up

Aidan's been asking, so we finally took the training wheels off his bike. He was scared at first, but after one trip up and back down our street, he got the hang of it. So much so that he started standing as he pedaled, and bouncing on the seat like the big kids. At one point he was even riding one-handed. I sense another trip to the ER in our near future if he continues to show off. But he was rightfully proud of himself.








While we were busy watching Aidan, Kyra stole the neighbor's trike. Ainsley was unimpressed - she just snoozed in the stroller.




I have two articles due at the end of the week, so that's it for now - must turn my focus to writing for $$$.

4 comments:

Simple Answer said... [Reply]

Your kids are darling and I love the name Ainsley. Is that your neighborhood? Looks like America with the boxwoods and minivans!

GutsyWriter said... [Reply]

Yes, I do think this looks like a Southern California neighborhood. The houses look huge. Is that a neighborhood of Beijing? My family moved to Belize, Central America for a year in 2005. We wanted to escape the rat race of Orange County, California and moved with our 3 sons aged, 16, 14 and 11. How long are you planning on living in Beijing?
We're back in California and I'd love to know how you feel you've changed. Our kids are older than yours, but I sense this was the best thing we ever did to make them realize that they are not "entitled" to everything in life, as their peers seem to think. Please check out my blog: gutsywriter.blogspot.com.
I just returned from Paris with my youngest son Jordan, 14. I used to live there and we just visited my 83 year old Dad. There are photos from our sightseeing trip to Paris.

Donna said... [Reply]

It does look like California, doesn't it? I spent lots of years in Orange County, and I think these builders borrowed from them, right down to the terra cotta paint chips.

The house you see in the back of that one photo is atrociously huge. But our's ain't small. I posted a photo of it earlier, at http://emailfromtheembassy.blogspot.com/2007/08/if-id-known-then.html.

GutsyWriter said... [Reply]

Donna, I live in Lake Forest, Orange County, California and I wanted to ask you if your neighborhood is an expat community? How far is it from downtown Beijing? Also I have been busy writing my book and attending writers' conferences so I haven't followed your blog news for some months but wanted to know if you got your hearing back in the one ear?

Please. Write your own stuff.