Friday, June 20, 2008

One Down, Lots to Go

It’s Friday night and all of the kids are currently, miraculously, asleep. Which means: I’ve officially made it through the first week of summer vacation. And it wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be. I just had to keep them all massively busy and ignore the writing deadlines and other important things looming just ahead.

We spent lots of time at the pool, had a couple of play dates, had a few swim lessons and skating lessons, watched a few movies, started a book club (Shay is actually earning money to read books to his brother and sister – it’s a win-win, in my humble opinion), baked some bread, ordered some pizzas… anything we could do to while away the days.

It’s hot and humid and horrid here. The air has been so polluted these past few days that it feels like my eyes are stuffed with sandpaper, and the kids are all coughing. Really, really gross. Let’s hope they clean it up before the Olympics arrive.

There’s lots more to say, but as I told you, all of my kids are asleep. I think I’ll go join them. Good night to all of you – except, of course, to Carolyn and Brian, whose beautiful new baby daughter Julia is no doubt keeping them awake. I’ll be thinking of them when I get up for Ainsley’s nighttime feeding on the other side of the globe…

0 comments:

Please. Write your own stuff.