Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Vomit, Part Two

Tonight, around 5 p.m.

I sit down to feed Ainsley, and Kyra snuggles up next to us, just to shower Ainsley with sticky kisses. We get a book about boats and settle in to read together while I nurse the baby.

Suddenly, Kyra goes all "exorcist" on me. Her tiny little maw opens up wide, and she vomits. Gets the couch, gets the floor, gets me... misses Ainsley, luckily. She just keeps tossing up her lunch while I try to get up and help her. I think she scared herself, as she started to cry hysterically as soon as she stopped throwing up.

It's five hours later, and she's since settled in to sleep. In fact, all four of the kids are asleep. And I've cleaned the couch, the kids and the clothes. So why am I still awake?

Wish me luck that I get some sleep tonight...

0 comments:

Please. Write your own stuff.