Thursday, May 29, 2008

Some Comments About Comments

Occasionally, people I don't know will post comments on my blog (like you, DS). But I never comment on comments. And here's why: I can't.

Here in Beijing, I can't even read my own blog, or any others hosted by blogspot, without going through a proxy server. I can see the comments that people leave me, but I can't respond. And I can't post comments on other blogs, the ones I access via proxies.

So, please know I do read comments. But unless I know your email address, you won't hear back from me. Keep the comments coming, please - it's fun to see who is reading. Well, except for when it's creepy.

Ahhh, China. Gotta love those censors...

1 comments:

DS said... [Reply]

I was going to send you an email but I don't have it, and beijing was not helpful. Anyway, you might want to check out http://www.contactify.com/index.php
The website allows you to receive email from your readers without publishing your email address. Don't know if it would work in China. Sorry to hear about the blog sweepers there.

Please. Write your own stuff.