Sunday, May 4, 2008

Our First Outing





My mom got here Friday night, so we planned to do some site-seeing Saturday morning. But right before it was time to leave, the sky turned pitch-black and the clouds opened up on us. We decided to skip the outdoor activities, and instead the kids stayed with their dad while my mom and I went out for massages and a yummy lunch.

This morning it was sunny again, so we headed to Ritan Park, in the center of town. It’s a pretty place – once inside, you can’t really tell you’re right in downtown Beijing. The kids ran around the lake for awhile, then we found the kids’ play area and went on some little rides.

Bart had to go to work for awhile, so the rest of us headed to the Stone Boat for lunch – you can see it in the background of Aidan’s picture above. We feasted on dumplings and noodles and spring rolls.

Unfortunately, the camera batteries went dead, so we didn’t get too many pictures. But here’s what we’ve got: note that I still haven’t had that baby!



1 comments:

Sara & Jorgan said... [Reply]

Donna - You look great. How come when I was 5 months pregnant even in my 2nd pregnancy I looked lousy and twice the size of my normal self (maybe it was Kazakhstan)? You look great as usual with a small belly appendage. Best wishes, Sara

Please. Write your own stuff.