Monday, April 7, 2008

Kids Can Make You Crazy

So this morning, both boys got up before me. I awoke to the sound of them fighting over matchbox cars. Went downstairs, broke it up and started preparing breakfast. They joined me at the breakfast table, bickering throughout the meal. They fought while putting on their shoes, argued about who should get in the car first and who should sit where. They then poked each other, teased each other and made themselves generally unpleasant during the 10-minute drive to school.

At school, I pulled up to the carpool lane and let Shay out. The door closed behind him and I said a silent prayer of thanks: no more fighting for 8 hours! I pulled away from the curb and Aidan started to cry. “What’s wrong?” I asked.

Sniff, sniff. Wailed Aidan through his tears: “I miss Shay.”

1 comments:

Murad said... [Reply]

Hello Dona Jan!
There is National Holiday in Armenia on 7-th of April - Beauty and Maternity Day!
You are the best personification of this both notions.
My congratulations!!!

Please. Write your own stuff.