Wednesday, April 9, 2008

The Birds and the Bees

On the way to school yesterday, Aidan asked me, “mom, did daddy grow out of your tummy?”

“No,” I explained, “daddy grew out of nana’s tummy. Nana is daddy’s mommy.”

“But Shay grew out of your tummy?”

“Yes.”

“And me and Kyra?”

“Yes.”

“But not Casey.”

“That’s right,” I replied. “Casey grew in his dog mommy’s tummy.”

“Can daddy grow babies in his tummy?” he asked.

“No, that’s something only girls can do.”

“Well, but you still need a boy to grow a baby, right?”

Here’s where I started getting nervous, dear reader, but I forged ahead. “That’s right,” I said, “you need a daddy AND a mommy to grow a baby.”

“Yep,” agreed Aidan, “because you need a daddy to put in the baby booster seat.”

And there you have it: the birds and the bees from a four-year-old’s perspective.

1 comments:

jedoc said... [Reply]

Wow. It all makes sense now. I KNEW there was something I was missing. hmmmm....

Please. Write your own stuff.