Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Strange World

I’m told it wasn’t impressive, as dust storms go, but it was a little odd.

It was dark all morning, as if a storm was coming. The sky was a strange orange-y brown color. Then it started to stink. And for a few hours, fine particles of dust blew through the air, coating everything.

By afternoon, the wind had blown itself out, and the world regained its usual color. Still, after 20 minutes on the playground this afternoon, the kids were filthy.

More dust storms to come. Apparently, it means spring has arrived. Personally, I prefer daffodils.

Meanwhile, I dare not mention any current events. Because of the situation south of here, my internet connection has been quite sporadic. Just you try to go online to check the news – within moments, your connection shrivels up and dies. It’s one of those annoying facts of life that I can disregard most of the time. But really, I just wanted to read Sunday’s Post – is that too much to ask? Apparently so.

I was reminded today, for these reasons and others, that it’s a strange world I live in.

0 comments:

Please. Write your own stuff.