Friday, October 5, 2007

Shot #1

I had shot #1 this morning. They put some drops in my ear to numb it up, then stuck a tiny needle through my eardrum and stuffed my inner ear full of steroids. The doctor said it would hurt "just a bit" when he put the needle in, and he was right. It did hurt just a little bit, in the same way as setting your head on fire would likely hurt just a bit.

He tells me that if I am to have any improvement, I'll likely notice it somewhat after shot #2, which is scheduled for Monday,or shot #3, a week from today. So for now, I'll remain deaf and ring-y. Though I do notice the nausea seems to be subsiding a bit, which is nice.

I've found a coffee shop down the street from my hotel that allows free internet access if you buy a cup of coffee, so I can satisfy my two addictions at once. I'll update you all when I have something new (hopefully good) to add.

Thanks for the thoughts and prayers - it means a lot to Bart and me.

1 comments:

isa said... [Reply]

Please get well soon. I hope my prayers which will be one drop in all the best wishes to you to recover soon and be back to your kids and Bart jan.
kisses and higs
isa
I am sure you will become better after the second shot.

Please. Write your own stuff.