Friday, October 19, 2007

My Own Personal Book Club

I've been doing a lot of reading since arriving in Hong Kong, to fill my spare time. Back home, I have trouble reading anything longer than 5 pages or so, because of the frequent interruptions. Here, I've already plowed through the last Harry Potter, White Teeth by Zadie Smith, and few others that I've long been wanting to read.

Someone gave me a book called "Tai Pan" by James Clavell. I highly recommend that all of you go track down a copy, as it was fascinating. It is about the founding of Hong Kong. I don't understand why no one's made a movie out of it: it has pirates and prostitutes, sword fights and sea battles. Everything you could need in a good movie.

Seriously. I know most of you out there have less time on your hands than I these days, but if you haven't read it, you really need to.

And now I'm off in search of more of his books.

1 comments:

Tom said... [Reply]

There is a "Tai-Pan" movie made in 1986 by an American director,Daryl Duke. Chinese actress, Joan Chen, was the female character. If you want more information about this movie go to Google search and type in "Tai-Pan (film).

Please. Write your own stuff.