Wednesday, September 5, 2007

It’s Been Awhile

This will not be the in-depth update you’ve all been hoping for. I apologize – I know I’ve dropped off the radar over the past week. Our friends Jen and Drew arrived last week, and so I was busy, first with getting their house ready, and then with hanging out and showing Jen the sites. I know, I know, taking a friend for a massage should not qualify as a hardship. But I blame her – I haven’t had time to write. Also, I’ve been a bit ill. I caught a cold from Shay and Kyra, so now I’m coughing and wheezing – great fun biking in Beijing’s nasty air when you have a head cold. And then there’s Chinese class. That’s right, I started my Chinese class on Tuesday. I can already see that it’s going to kill me. I mean, why would it be necessary, in a language that consists of literally thousands of characters, to come up with just one word that could mean “Horse,” “Mother,” “Hemp” and “Scold?” Among other things. Anyway, after just one day, I am proud to report that I can now say “I am Kyra’s mother.” Or her horse. Whatever. Either way I’ll get kicked if I don’t trot fast enough.

For those of you who have been writing me, demanding to know where I’ve gone with my witticisms and my brilliant commentary on life in Beijing, I can only say – I’ll be back soon, I promise.

Achoo,

1 comments:

Vicki said... [Reply]

Giddy-up, Ma! (get well soon)

Please. Write your own stuff.